International Moving Check-List:
To ensure a smooth moving, comprehensive moving timeline should be preferred for the best strategy. Our preparation and moving day check-list guides you through several necessary tasks that need to be carried out before and on departure.
- Check validation of passport and visas
- Confirm the removal date with Dogancay Nakliyat.
- Decide what items do you have to take with you? Prepare the goods that you intend to move internationally,
- Find a solution for rest of them (selling, donation…) and use up things you can’t move, such as frozen foods and cleaning supplies.
- Check the goods with the items in the quote provided by our company
- Check requirements for permits (residency, vehicle, fine art, plants..)
- Check requirements of vaccination and get vaccinations to comply with health regulations in new country
- Check tickets and related documents. Book travel arrangements and overseas accommodation if necessary
- Check personal documents (national identification card, birth certificate, driver license…)If necessary, contact schools, doctors, dentists, lawyers and accountants and obtain copies of your personal records.
- Get your vehicle insurance records.
- Obtain or transfer personal accident and medical insurance (yourself and family)
- Check driving documentation required in your new location
- Search nearby schools and (get appointment if necessary) in your future location.
- Submit a Change of Address form to the local authorities eg. Department of civil registration and nationality or post office.
- Get appliances serviced to control and arranged the voltage in accordance with regulation of your destination country
- Contact utility and related companies. Finalize the accounts for gas, water, electricity and cable based on moving day. Arrange for these services to be disconnected on the moving day.
- Cancel rental agreements based on moving day.
- Notify change of address: post office, credit card companies, banks, professional organizations.
- Obtain all school records, medical and dental records.
- Close out bank accounts or transfer your deposits to your new bank (Arrange banking facilities in your new country)
- Take pets to the veterinarian for any needed immunizations. Get copies of pets’ veterinary records.
- Cancel home deliveries such as newspapers, magazines etc
- Arrange transportation for yourselves to your new home.
- Prepare the documentations that you take with you during your travel.
- Disconnect, clean and dry any electrical appliances that you wish to ship. And arrange electrician to disconnect relevant light fittings etc
- Arrange with the neighbors or building administrator to leave enough parking space for the removal vans.
- If you’re packing yourself, purchase moving boxes and moving materials from evex.com.tr
- If you’re moving out of or into a building with elevators, contact the building management to schedule use of the elevators.
- Make sure that someone is at home to answer the mover’ questions
- Walk through the house with our movers, indicate items to be packed and moved and need to be paid extra attention. Remember to include garage, shed, attic, cellar
- Check all rooms, cupboards and walls to make sure nothing is left behind.
- Before the goods is loaded to removal truck, review the packing list, compare the numbers on the boxes with the numbers on list
- Check and sign the packing list
© Doğançay Nakliyat - Eşya Depolama firması